Dirge is now live



First things first, Dirge, our newest short film, is available online via CELTX. You can view it here: www.celtx.com/seeds.html

I'm beyond grateful that when CELTX set out to fund and support filmmakers with both a grant and online promotion they chose me and my team. They put a lot of faith in seeing a worthwhile film based soley on our 48 Hour short film project, Proxy, and a half finished rough draft of a script about a dude and his talking computer living out their days after the end of the civilized world.

I'm starting to think I might be cut out for this.

But I'm not really here to toot my own horn. I'm terrible at that. I will be the first to admit, that wrong or right, promoting oneself feels excruciatingly awkward to me. At the same time, what else is a writer or filmmaker or artist or songwriter to do...they've got this almost irrepressible need to not only create the work, fashioning it from a very personal part of themselves, but to also share it. Show it off. Share life with others. Not really to teach a lesson or preach, but to just exist out loud. So, how do you get this stuff seen, and get more of it made?

You throw it out in the ring and find a gentle way of saying, "look at me, look at me, look at me."

So, now you've got Dirge, a story about a man who needs community but, apart from one exception, has learned to avoid it as much as is humanly possible. A story that became a movie because a community of people think enough of a guy who happens to have always had a personal struggle with being out and exposed and a part of community.

But this same guy is immensely grateful to that community. He loves that community. Those communities, really, that he's a part of. He, like Rod, was saved by community. He knows that some people happen to be, as Ray says, "...worth a damn."

~ Aaron Kirk - writer/director of Dirge

ftttfilms@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

"Cap. On your left."

Dirge - Reviewed