IT'S ALIVE!!!

Ok. So, the western didn't happen. We kept kicking that can down the road, trying to scrape together enough money. Didn't happen. Once I finally found out what the insurance was going to cost, I had to make a tough choice. Either, a) Delay again with no set shoot date this time or b) shoot something else.

"A" wasn't good because I hated to lose the rapport and excitement that had built up amongst the cast and major crew members. It also meant that it might not happen ever. Not with this group anyway. That's just were my personal life is now, this is the last shoot for awhile.

So we chose, "B". And what an adventure that was. In mid/late December, we pulled the plug and I wrote a new short based on an old short/feature idea. It was boring. A week later I began working on a comedy: Gotham, TX.

Here's your tagline: "Gotham is a small town in Texas where nothing every happens...But it has a masked vigilante anyway.

More to come. The shoot went great and I retained the entire cast from the western and they were all great in comedic roles. It was easily the funnest shoot, plenty of laughing and bonding, that I've yet to be in charge of.

Keep your eyes peeled for more from The Coyote and Mockingbird!


Popular posts from this blog

"Cap. On your left."

Dirge - Reviewed